Given that most Australians are now living much longer – and stronger – the good news is that we will all probably spend more time after full-time work, getting a new life!
Your retirement should be a time to enjoy the rewards of your hard work and savings. But wherever you are in life, retirement takes planning and preparation.
It's never too early — or too late — to take action. But depending on how near or far you are to retirement, the decisions you'll need to make and the choices you may have are very different.
Less than 10 years away - Here are some things you can do right now to prepare.
- How much will I need for my retirement?
Will I have enough with what I am currently doing.
- Saving for retirement
Should I make extra payments to my superannuation, save more money outside of superannuation or pay off my debt.
- My Superannuation account
Do I have the right type of superannuation account and investments within it? Or do I want to take control of my superannuation and start my own fund (Self Managed Super Fund – SMSF)?
- Transition To Retirement
Due to changes in legislation in the past few years, there are now an increased number of ways for for people to improve their retirement plan, super and even their tax situation as they near retirement by structuring their income and superannuation.
Here are some things you can do right now to keep living retirement on your terms.
- What am I entitled to via social security?
- Can I maintain my current lifestyle – my longevity risk?
- Are my investments and pension accounts structured in the most tax and cost efficient and effective way?
- Is my estate planning structured according to my wishes in the most effective way?
- Assisting children/ grandchildren with their goals including vulnerable beneficiaries.
If you need someone to look at your situation and help you answer the questions or structure your affairs then our Financial Advisers are often a great place to start. Click here to find out more >